Wonderwool 2017

So there we are, another Wonderwool rapidly disappearing into the distance, just a few memories and a lot less wool to show for it. We drove down to our lovely little cottage at Llangammarch Wells on Thursday afternoon, unloaded our seriously stuffed Discovery then, and reloaded the stall things on Friday afternoon. This was the empty space that faced us:

And this was what it looked like a few hours later. I was rather pleased, even if I say so myself. Especially the tree at the back! (This was a printed fabric panel from Ikea, and doesn't it look like a real tree? People saw it on IG and Twitter and came to see how I fitted a fir tree in!)
Normally I share a bigger space with another fibre-supplier, but this year we decided to have a space each, and I'm really pleased with how it looked now I had three walls to cover. The stapler-gun came in very handy. And now I have to finish that Welsh wool quilt hanging on the left wall.

I taught a workshop at the Wonderwool Woolschool both days - Chain Plying. There were only a few people each day but that was just as well, as it meant I could really pay attention and help people get to grips with it. I got good feedback.

This is a new line this year - limited edition grey Shetland yarn, a 2ply coming up in a fingering weight, in eight colours. 25g skeins, which gives 114m, just perfect for colourwork. I shall dye up the remainder for Tynedale Guild's Open Day on 20th May and Leeds Wool Festival in June, and then that's it.
The sock yarn took a bit of a bashing too. I actually remembered to take a photograph just before end-of-show-packing-up, to see what colours I need to dye. Lots of blues and greens needed, plus some warmer colours and bright mixes. I did a few more Full Circles on various wool tops this weekend just gone, and yarn will be dyed next weekend.
And after Wonderwool, as we've done for a couple of years previously, we now stay in Wales until the following Saturday. It's one of our favourite places in all the world! We went walking (this is us with Cecilia and Graham Hewitt at Elan Valley), toddled around Builth and Brecon, had lunches out, paid our annual visit to Penderyn Distillery  (buying gin as well as whisky this year) and just rested and had a wonderful time. 
I also managed to get quite a bit of spinning done, just for me. Having had to bring my wheel with me, I got some serious use from it. I meant to cast on a hat using the new Shetland yarn to show with the yarn, but that only got cast on on the last evening. 

So now we're home, and the dye-pans are hard at work again. As mentioned above, the next shows areTynedale Spinners Gathering and Leeds Wool Festival at Armley  See you there?


Comments