New year, new stuff!

Sad, isn't it? First post of 2014 and it's on St David's Day. Oh well, just a little one too.

A customer in Scotland had bought a packet of green fibre from my Etsy shop to match and ply with some camel/silk she was already spinning. It didn't match, colours being notoriously difficult over a monitor no matter how careful you are with the image.

She bought another packet of a different colourway. That didn't match either. And postage is expensive these days (and shortly to go up, but that's another story).

When she contacted me over Etsy and explained, I told her to send me a little sample of the stuff she was trying to match, and I'd see what I can do. It's the green that needed picking out, with a little of the blue-green but not the blue itself.

Blue-green to match

I used white BFL, to get a clearer colour, and picked out the green, with a little shading towards the blue in places. I think I nailed it.

I'll try and get it packaged off this morning, but I'm off to try my new trailrunning trainers with the pupz now.

Comments