Wonderwool looms...

Spring on Shetland and camel/silk
'Spring' on shetland and camel/silk.

Gothick on camel/silk, BFL, moorit shetland
'Gothick' on camel/silk at the top, coloured BFL to the right, and on the left a new one - moorit Shetland.  This has come out very well, but I've only got 200g of it and probably won't get more for Wales.  Will invest in it for Woolfest though.

True on Shetland
'True' on shetland

Crocus on coloured BFL
'Crocus' on coloured BFL.

SAuce on camel/silk and BFL
'Sauce' on camel/silk.

True on grey suffolk
'True' on grey suffolk.  I bought this in error last year, thinking it might be softer than it actually was; there's quite a bit of kemp in the wool.  But the natural grey overdyes beautifully, and it's proved popular with felters.

Volcano on grey suffolk
'Volcano' on suffolk.

SAuce on grey suffolk
'Sauce' on suffolk.

Steelsheen and Crocus on fine merino
And of course lots of nice ordinary merino: 'Steelsheen' and 'Crocus'.

Flora on coloured BFL and merino/silk
'Flora' in merino/silk at the top and coloured BFL at the bottom.  The colour isn't quite right in this photo - it's richer for a start, with acid green and a purpley-red rather than pink and yellow.

Shetland/texel fleece
And more fleece, of course.  This is a shetland/texel that's come out rather well.

I had a coloured Corriedale wether fleece I dyed up intending to sell, but I'm not going to - the colours have come out fabulously on the variegated greys and it's handcarding beautifully.  One for me, I'm afraid.  (This was his 2009 fleece, I may try and kidnap his fleece from last year from Denise as Archie is now in someone's freezer I believe.

Comments

  1. beautiful colours and as always I'm spoilt for choice:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved the camel, silk mix in sauce. Have not spun Suffolk but that also looked lovely. Would need about 500 gramms is this possible and what sort of money would we be talking about please. Wendy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too late I'm afraid Wendy - I've just finished all the dyeing for Wonderwool and need the next few days to finish packing and labelling. 500g of suffolk would be about £40, silk camel about £60. Email me private on freyalynn@yahoo.com and we'll sort something out after Wonderwool.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for that will be in touch later. Wendy.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment