Nearly packed.











Off to Mungrisdale in the Lake District tomorrow morning, tucked away under Blencathra, to teach a workshop at the Eden Valley Guild. Here's most (but not) all of the stuff I'm taking.

Three large checked bags, full of my dyed fibre to sell as I've had several requests to make sure I bring it. The silver padded bag in the foreground is my Little Gem wheel, much easier to pack than my Suzi Pro. It had it's own kate and extra bobbins and a nostepinde tucked inside too. The green box contains several pairs of hand-cards, a couple of pairs of hand-combs, a spare kate or two, spare bobbins, some big cones of thread and various bits of spinning impedimentia. Oh, and spindles. The shoe box is full of various and exotic yarn samples. And lastly the brown paper sack has clean shetland fleece, shetland roving and a few different balls of wool tops. Plus some books tucked away.

Because we've got clothes etc for tomorrow night, plus dogs, plus the bike I hope I'm collecting, there's no way I can take a plastic crate or two of things wot I have made to use as class examples. People will just have to remember the marvellous things I've made (!) and admire the yarn samples.... At least there isn't a tent in there too.

So we're off at 7am at the latest, hoping to get there for ten. Teach all day - Mark will go out with the pupz somewhere. Then off we go to the other side of the country, and spend tomorrow night with Denise and Tim and Deefa and Holly, who will hopefully not laugh at Bil's poor scarred face.

And Ma is leaving for Nepal in the morning too. We popped up this evening to drop off her camera, lipsalve, suncream and various other bits and pieces that for some reason I'm supplying. I still don't think Pa really knows what's going to hit him, especially as we're not around this weekend either.

The cat knows we're going too. I'm being infested as I'm trying to type this. And she'll probably try to smother me in my sleep too, not to mention jumping up and down on the keyboard.

No rowing; withdrawal symptons already.

Comments

  1. It was fabulous to see you both again and we really enjoyed the workshop:)Thank you for the gorgeous fibres also. We will both enjoy spinning it if we can remember the technique:) Only kidding will practice

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment