This is some yarn I dyed over the weekend to exchange with someone on Ravelry. There's 1.8kg of chunky weight Falkland yarn (spun in Yorkshire, mind!) which I'm swapping for a rather nice set of interchangeable bamboo circs. I was given a couple of links to colours to aim for, and I think I did pretty well - this was taken last night with flash so it's not quite right.

It went off this morning and was vastly expensive, but it's not worth sending surface, it takes so long.

However ,I heard back from another Ravelry swap this afternoon - I'd send about 600g of my superfine merino out in a swap for a hat kit, and the fibre's arrived - spilling out of it's bag, tangled up, and about a third missing. I've also heard from another source of fibre going missing in the US postal system - perhaps someone can't quite believe that fibre such as this actually has value, and we must be smuggling something inside it. Either that or they needed some packing so ripped open a suitable package going through. I said I'd send more fibre, which I'm more than happy to do, but I do hope the yarn gets through OK.

Comments

  1. Love the colour of the yarn. The packages being opened is of concern though.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment