More Greenleaf stuff, and even more colours.
















Finally got this off the needles and written up this morning, but I'm not totally happy with it. The yarn for a start - it doesn't show up the pattern at all. And the top's slightly too pointed, so I'll work on it again over the weekend and try and sort it out. But I'm really pleased with the idea. These photos were taken by me at work this morning, hence the morngy face.

These were the colours that came out the pots on Monday afternoon. I haven't dyed since then, but am planning to start more this afternoon unless I feel the need to cook instead. I've got the weekend to myself with nothing planned (except pupz of course) so much will be done then. I have a few more colours in the superfine to do, then more coloured BFL, some Teeswater, not to mention the superwash merino. And some more camel/silk. Haven't even started skeining any yarn up. Luckily I have a few days off over Easter to finish all the dyeing off.


Plum - purples, through to brownish reds. This was originally a mistake last year, but it's always popular.









This is red with pink leanings, not as pink as it's showing here. Poppy, which is my standard red for this year.









And Redleaf, which is much nicer on the coloured BFL.









I have saved myself one of the Beryl superfines for me to spin, which I keep meaning to do and then get sidetracked. Thinking about it, it might be rather nice spun and knitted into a better version of the Greenleaf cap above. I will have to discipline myself to remove the new driveband from my Suzi Pro when I'm not using it, so I don't tempt the Feline Fiend to remove it in several pieces for me.

Comments

  1. Love the morngy face and the cap...if anything you just look a bit fierce as if to say don't mess with me! Love that first plum/purples!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment